Let The Games Begin

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday Link Dump or waiting on OSU to kick-off

I'm bored. Although UC is an entertaining team to watch, and I really want them to do well, I can't get into it. So I am looking up random crap on the 'net' and sharing it with who ever reads this blog.

Leading off -
The Top Ten most depressing characters in Comics. Interesting. Funny, tragic and all that crap.

Batting Second -
A Sherlock Holmes movie will be released on Christmas Day. It will star Robert Downey Jr as Holmes, Jude Law as Watson, and Rachel McAdams as Irene Adler. I don't know how Downey will do as Holmes but it is really great to see him working hard in great roles on a consistent basis after so many years of fighting battles and demons. Preview here.

Batting Third -
MGM Studios is in trouble financially to the tune of 3.5 Billion dollars. Billion. With a "B".

"Sources" report that bankruptcy might be in the very near future. What does that mean to goofy nerds like us you might ask? The Hobbit (2011 release) and the next James Bond movie might be in trouble. I Wonder if Obama will help bail them out? Read more here, and here, and also here. Can anyone spare a quarter for a fellow American who is down on their luck?

Batting cleanup -

I thought this was pretty funny

Batting Fifth -

I thought this is pretty sad. When will America wake up?

Batting Sixth -

Random

Batting Seventh -
All you D&D rules guys try your hand at this

Batting Eighth -

This is one of my favorite bits ever.
This is good also.

Batting Ninth -

I am trying to put together a Civil War in Ohio tour that will feature buildings, cemeteries, monuments, homes and birthplaces. SO, if you know of a site go here and tell me about it.

Go Bucks!

No comments: