Let The Games Begin

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Slow times link dump




Things have been pretty quiet lately so I thought I would just post some really random links.

First up is baseball since spring training is upon us. You can follow the Indians here or the Reds here. These are pretty cool sites. Next season the Reds spring training camp moves to Goodyear Arizona and will be sharing a compound with the Indians. That might be a possible road trip!!!

Next up is GenCon. A few of us have expressed displeasure about their housing block. I know Nautilica got on the waiting list for a convention center attached hotel while I went ahead and booked a room 3 blocks away just to play it safe. I also plan on taking the Megabus from Cbus to Indy. I have to leave sometime Friday because I will be heading out to Destin Florida later that evening. My initial plan is return to Cincy and then head on to Florida from there. Who is going? I'd really like to see The Sage of Southwood and Durwaine make it this year. My personal opinion is that GenCon is in trouble and you might see this event restructured after this year. It would be fun to have a large group go just in case.

Cutthroat Caverns. What the hell is up with getting this game? I ordered one before Christmas and they still have not shipped it. The game store I ordered online from, which was pretty deceitful as it turns out, keeps blaming Smirk and Dagger Games. All I know is I am pretty aggravated with the whole situation.

I have been having a blast playing City of Heroes. I think I am addicted! I finally figured out Wentworth's and but all my stuff up for auction. I walked away with over a $1,500,000 profit so the skittles are on me, lol!! Now I just need to figure out where to buy/find the better types of enhancements.

How about some goofy tax hikes. I hate to see what the respective legislatures cook up for all of us. My personal favorite is to have government employees not receive a raise (which I am ok with), take a pay cut (which I am not), and give up 10 days with out pay to boot. Geez c'mon how about one but not all three!

Finally, next week the much anticipated Watchmen movie comes out. Anyone want to go? I'm planning on going to the midnight showing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

update....

I got an email this morning from the company I ordered from. The game will be shipped out March 9