Let The Games Begin

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fill your hand, you Son of a Bitch!


I went and saw the remake of the classic western True Grit. It stars Jeff Bridges as Rooster Gogburn, Matt Damon as Ranger LeBouef, Barry Pepper as Ned Pepper and Hallee Steinfeld as Mattie Ross.

I was worried about the Coen Brothers, who make great movies, making too many changes and spoiling the simplistic slendor that was the original True Grit. I was wrong. And I was prepared to walk out if they messed with my favorite scene of any movie ever the incomparable Fill Your Hand showdown scene. They didn't. They left the dialogue alone and it was awesome. My eyes welled up and a tear was in my eye as Rooster charged the Lucky Ned Pepper gang. My biggest problem was the male leads all talked the same way. But Overall I enjoyed it.

Well Done Coen's! Go see it and I'll give it 3 Floyds!!

No comments: