Let The Games Begin

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Reversible Fan's Conundrum


Merriam-Webster lists a definition of Conundrum as: an intricate and difficult problem.

Well that is what I have. I have been called the Reversible Fan by our friend in Indiana and I not only accept that nom de pleur but I like it.

For all of my life I have been a fan of the University of Kentucky basketball program. From Adolph Rupp's teams to Joe B. Hall and on to John Calipari I have been a Wildcat basketball fan. Period. End of Sentence. I write them on my brackets in the down years when they didn't make the tournament.

flashback to the fourth grade and my school had three visitors from the OSU Men's team and I had new heroes. And a secondary team.

But I always rooted for the Cats when the two went head-to-head. I was upset when OSU won 82-81 to go to the Final Four but rooted hard for the Buckeyes against North Carolina. They lost, stupid four corners, but rebounded to beat Elvin Hayes and Houston in the third place game. Most people don't remember that Houston lost both games that year to UCLA and the Bucks.

I was also one of the few who rooted for KY when they came to town to face the Clark Kellogg led Buckeyes in the early 80's. Overall the KY-OSU series is 10-8 in favor of the Blue. But the Buckeyes are 5-0 against the Cats in the tournament.

And come next week I will be sad when the game is over for one of my two are going down but not for long. And I will root hard for the survivor to win it all.

2 comments:

JonCon Ferrell said...

John Crookapari makes Jim Tressel look like Jim Tressel again. hahahahahahahahahahah

Unknown said...

I totally agree. I am not a fan of Calapari at all. I really think the Bucks will win this one and probably pretty handily.