Let The Games Begin

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Mighty Thor




I went and saw Thor this morning. After hearing mostly bad comments at work about this I went in with a sense of dread about this. I was more than pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it. The effects were really good, the music was great and the story was pretty well done.

Natalie Portman plays the very sweet Jane Foster and she looks as hot as usual. Chris Hemsworth plays the title role pretty well. He put me in mind of Heath Ledger.

They threw a couple of bones in along the way (as usual)and they were pleasant surprises. Pay attention for a S.H.E.I.L.D. (***Bonus points for the new SHIELD Acronym) agent named Clint Barton and also stay for the cookie at the end of the credits.

It ended up being a pretty good trip to the movies today. We found an AMC card at the house that had never been used so the tickets and concessions basically cost us $4.00. Then as we were leaving the gave us passes for another ticket because of a sound issue (that really wasn't an issue) so we'll get to go to another movie (Captain America?) for free.

I am really looking forward to the release of Captain America and then the Avengers movie when it gets released next year. Go see it. I give it 3 and 3/4 Floyds.








***Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

No comments: