Let The Games Begin

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Angels and Demons




Ok so it wasn't that kind of movie. Another movie based on the works of Daniel Brown. The previous one was The DaVinci Code. Tom Hanks once again plays Robert Langdon who is a professor of Religious Symbology at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. His specialities include classical iconology, symbols of pre-Christian culture, goddess art, and the decryption of ancient ciphers. You can read more about him here on his website.



I liked this movie but... I wish I had read the book. It seemed to be missing some of the intensity that the first one had. I wish they had given us a little more background on the Illuminati. I wish Langdon would have had to go through a few more steps before figuring stuff out. I wish they would have had a little more about the Vatican archives. The best part was probably Ewan McGregor's performance or the pretty cool bad guy. I give it almost 3 full Floyd's. Two and 27/32 Floyd's to be exact. Barely good, certainly not great, but go see it and tell me what you think.

No comments: