Let The Games Begin

Sunday, May 10, 2009

It ain't your daddy's Star Trek



I went and saw the new Star Trek Saturday. Let me start by saying I am not now, nor ever have been, a Trekkie. But I always have enjoyed the various incarnations of the show, as well as the movies (even the bad ones). But I thought this movie rocked from start to finish. It is a prequel to what we know about the Enterprise and it's crew. I thought it was pretty awesome. The question movie goers have to ask is if it would be a good movie if you knew nothing about Star Trek. The answer is yes. Since I don't do spoiler things I'll stop there saying only that all the signature lines are worked in, the guy in Red gets whacked, and Uhura is hot (not as hot as her room mate but hot none the less) and I will go again with any of you guys. Go see it. Four plus Floyd's. Live long and prosper!

No comments: